Sunday, April 3, 2016

AUS Dover I (Tasmania)

Happy Apple Picking!

Early morning driving means early morning rising. Dover is located roughly an 1h drive from Huonville. We usually start working at 8pm and finish at 5pm. Apple picking is definitely more fun than raspberry picking and the view on the Port Esperance amazes me every morning, when climbing my ladder again. 

It is hard work carrying a 15-20kg bag full of apples along the rows to fill up a 400kg bin. I usually manage to fill 2 bins per day, which means I carry 800kg of apples each day.

We are half way through the apple season and I’ve picked mainly Fuji and Granny Smith apples. The farm produces organic apples and they are indeed very yummy.

Fuji apples
Road to the orchard
The orchard in the moring sun
The orchard in the moring sun
View on Port Esperance
Granny Smith apple picking
Fuji apple picking

n°30
Fuji apple picking



Fuji apple picking
Working with hidden obstacles
Hide & Seek with my fav baby cow

The orchard
View on Port Esperance
My little baby apple #cherrytomato

No comments:

Post a Comment