Sunday, March 27, 2016

AUS Cygnet (Tasmania)

Raspberry Picking

A couple of days ago I headed to the island Tasmania, Australia's smallest state. Tasmania is a place of wild and beautiful landscapes, friendly, helpful people with a relaxed island lifestyle. Over 40% of the island is reserved as national parks and world heritage wilderness.

Here, I started my farm work in order to apply for a 2nd year visa in Australia. The first days, of a total of 88 days, I have been picking raspberries in Cygnet, a southern town in the Huon Valley.

The work becomes quite dull after a couple of hours, but it gets compensated by the taste of fresh raspberries. However, it does not compensate for an average payment of $50/day. Therefore, I am going to start an apple picking job in two days, which should be better paid.

Raspberries
Music on and jam to the left, the good ones to the right
Raspberry field

Work obstacles

No comments:

Post a Comment